About DIY Blogroll Contact

Saturday 12 May 2012

DIY: Jeweled Chain Headbands





The other day, I was looking through a magazine and I saw a picture of Dianna Agron wearing this headband:





I must confess, I'm a little bit in love with it! So I decided to make a similar one. It's not a cut- paste replica, but I definately got the inspiration from it. Dianna's headband is made from raw gemstones floating on beds of gold leaves, so I imagine hers cost her a pretty penny, but mine was made from a few simple materials most DIYers will already possess!






- To replicate my project, you'll need some plastic jewels with a hole at each end (I got mine from Spotlight a while ago for around $3), some chain (the links need to be big enough to fit the jewel holes), some thin elastic and some pliers.


To start off, I opened up a chain link and pushed it throught the jewel hole, as shown below:

I then left 3 links in between, and opened up the 5th one along, joining another jewel. I then repeated this process until I had 10 jewels in total (this fitted my head the best), with one link at each end to attach the elastic.




I then cut about 18cm of elastic and threaded this through each of the end links, and tying the ends together to finish it off. All finished!!


I daresay this headband is far more cost effective than Dianna's gem- encrusted one, plus I had the satisfaction of making it myself!






(The headband is modelled by my good pal Caitlin- check out her awesome Youtube channel here!)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment